Sunday 13 May 2018

Bound to Powercreep



Remember back in October of last year, when the Holy War banner came out? As you already know by now, the units present on that banner were Sigurd, Deirdre, and Tailtiu. However, there were two units present in the same paralogue that were not featured on the banner, those being Ayra and Arden. What was especially notable about Ayra was that she was the first non-trainee, non-CYL unit released up until that point that had stats that were higher than that of a normal unit of her movement/weapon type. Not only that, but she came equipped with a exclusive special called Regnal Astra, which had a cooldown of 2 and dealt damage based on the user's Spd (which Ayra has a lot of).

After the WoHW banner was released, people started debating on how IS would distribute Ayra. Up until that point, IS hadn't added any units outside of the initial banner units to the summoning pool, so it was reasonable to assume that Ayra would be a GHB unit or a TT reward. When it was revealed that Arden would be the reward unit in the upcoming Tempest Trial, at that point, I automatically assumed that Ayra would be a GHB.

To everyone's absolute shock, she first debuted on the Tempest Trial banner for the FE4 Tempest, sharing a color with fellow red sword Eldigan. Many players were absolutely shocked and pissed that they would distribute her in this fashion, especially since they gave absolutely no warning that this would be the case, and after many players blew through their orb caches to get Sigurd. The anger from the player base was as such that they started elevating Reinhardt, a notorious gamebreaker, to almost sainthood, with many players crying out, "I now use the Reinhardt!" Due to the backlash from the player base, the next time IS introduced another summonable unit in this fashion, they made sure to give 3 days notice before the banner dropped.

Which brings me to my own Ayra. Back when she first debuted, I decided to buy a shitload of orbs in preparation to pull for her. But I ended up getting mostly schumcked on that banner, as I had pulled not one, not two, but three copies of Eldigan. Only after around 5 or 6 days later was I finally able to procure an Ayra. I mostly didn't use her in arena for a while, choosing instead to use my Black Knight, who had the advantage of carrying a DC weapon.

She managed to catch a lucky break the next month, when it was revealed that she would be on the first legendary banner. While I was mostly gunning for Hectors, I ended up pulling 2 Ayras, which I ended up merging into the one I have now. I had also used one of the Hectors to give her the Distant Counter A passive. It was really at this point that I decided to core her for real.

By last month, I had started to realize that she was seriously falling behind in merges, to the point where I had started to question my plan to merge her all the way to +10. At that point, I had made plans to drop her in favor for adult Tiki, who was far easier to merge. When a banner that featured her as the sole red focus came out, I immediately went to go buy orbs, only to get schumcked once again. I managed to catch my lucky break just when the banner was about to end, when I managed to pull out 5 Ayras, finally putting her at equal merges with the rest of my team.

At this point, she's now a staple on my arena team, alongside Hector (who also had his own success story with merges) and Nowi. My Ayra is currently +7, with a speed boon and res bane, and utilizes a slaying + DC + Wrath build, which usually results in enemy units getting turned to chunky salsa.

As for this pic, this was supposed to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of my FEH account's existence. And I gotta say, Ayra looks pretty good tied up and gagged, even if she's pissed off with me for doing this to her.

To quote Anna: "I like how the color of her ballgag matches her hair. My favorite part, though, is that rope going between her legs and biting into her pussy."

-----

Fire Emblem is (c) 1990 Intelligent Systems.
All unit(s) are Lv18 and above.
This pic was made by Kuroi Hoshi. Go here to view his stuff and here to watch his livestream.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment